Monday, May 7, 2012

In Less Than 24 Hours...

In less than 24 hours, I will be boarding a plane that will take me far across the ocean to some inhabited land called Swit-zer-land. Thenceforce I will be whisked away to another far off land called Macedonia. This long awaited trip has finally arrived--and I think I'm finally ready!

Granted my suitcase is still in shambles as I rampage through my house making sure I didn't forget anything.

But, I honestly feel at peace with leaving tomorrow. These few days that I've been at home have been absolutely wonderful. It has been like a breath of fresh air to be with my family--but I can tell that I'm ready for an adventure.

And so as I embark tomorrow to these far off great lands, there are a couple of things you could be praying for...

1. Safe travels from here to Europe and back
2. Group dynamics--there's 10 of us in all who are going
3. Apartments to stay in that are close together and are safe
4. The missionaries who will be taking care of us while we are there
5. Creativity and the ability to learn as we observe and eventually teach English in 3 different settings (for children in school, adults, and at an English camp)
6. Culture shock
7. The ability to adapt to a new setting
8. To feel at home in Skoje, Macedonia
9. For us to lean on the Lord, listen to what He is saying, learn from Him who is the greatest of all teachers
10. The Macedonian people we will meet--students, friends, strangers, etc.

Thanks for your prayers in advance:)

No comments:

Post a Comment